to get Health insurance quotes in your area
Wrong zip code

Health Insurance - Best Way To Save Time & Money

In the United States health insurance costs have continued to rise year over year at an alarming rate, but there are solutions for anyone seeing an affordable health insurance plan. Family health insurance, group health insurance and temporary health insurance are all available with free quotes from General Insurance right now.

Is Health Insurance Important For You And Your Family?

It’s easy to overlook the importance of obtaining proper coverage while hoping to avoid illness or injury, but in the unfortunate case of an accident that requires you to visit a doctor or a hospital, having the right ehealth plan, Medicare coverage, or employer enrollment is essential to maintaining your peace of mind and financial security.

How To Find Cheap Health Insurance?

A five or ten minute consultation and free health insurance quote from General Insurance can secure your income, lower your copayments, reduce your premiums and most importantly, it may also help you discover new products in the insurance marketplace that have far fewer exclusions when you need your coverage to kick in during a time of need!

Staying within your budget by acquiring a detailed cost estimate from a licensed insurance agent and enrolling in an ACA Platinum plan or some other plan that fits your goals even better is the first step toward taking control over your own health and the health of everyone else living in your household. You may qualify for special discounts and programs aimed at curbing your insurance costs, and getting prescription drug coverage prices lowered as well. 

Whether you have questions about the level of coverage you need, want to discuss and compare prices of different policies or simply want an easy way to get multiple quotes from one single source, General Insurance is the trusted choice of many Americans for good reason.

Many people ask what kind of health insurance is best for them. There are five different categories of insurance plans in the marketplace. These plans are bronze, silver, gold, platinum, and catastrophic.

The plans that are available are less about the quality or amount of coverage, but instead are a function of how much you pay out-of-pocket for the services that you choose to use.


For bronze plans, policyholders will generally pay 40% of their costs on average, with the insurance provider paying the other 60%.


For silver plans, policyholders will generally pay 30% of their costs on average, with the insurance provider paying for the other 70%.


For gold plans, policyholders will generally pay 20% of their costs on average, with the insurance provider paying the other 80%.


For platinum policyholders will generally pay 10% of their costs on average, with the insurance provider paying the other 90%.


Catastrophic plans have higher deductibles than the other plans listed. They are only available for people that are under the age of 30 and for those who have the financial hardship. Catastrophic plans only provide coverage for worst-case scenarios like accidents and serious illnesses.

Choosing A Plan

Which plan you choose to purchase can be determined by how much you can afford to pay for your medical expenses, how many medical expenses and doctors’ visits you have, and your general health and age. For people that are generally healthy, they may consider a bronze or silver plan. It is essential to keep in mind, however, that if you become ill you will pay a larger share of your medical bills with these plans, and a lower amount with gold or platinum plans.

While insurance consultants, otherwise known as navigators, can give help when you are applying for coverage in the marketplace, they cannot tell you which plan to pick. Researching your medical expenses, health care needs, budget, and the benefits of each plan can help you make this decision.

Types Of Insurance Plans

In addition to these levels of plans, there are also different types of traditional health insurance plans. These range from PPO and HMO, to HSA, POS, and EPO.

A preferred provider organization, or PPO, is a group of doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare professionals with whom an insurance company has a contractual agreement with to provide services at a reduced rate. The doctors that offer a reduced rate to the insurance company are called in-network doctors; it is also possible to get out-of-network doctors to provide services, though the rates for these will not be reduced as much. Some PPO plans require that you select a primary care physician.

A health maintenance organization, or HMO, is an insurance provider that has a network of contracted doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare professionals. People subscribe for access to services covered in the HMOs network, paying a fee to do so. HMOs contract primary care physicians, which are needed after obtaining this type of policy.

A health savings account, or HSA, is a savings account that has tax advantages. It is available to taxpayers in the United States who are enrolled in a high deductible health plan, otherwise known as HDHP. Any funds that are contributed to this type of account are not subject to federal income taxes when the deposit is made.

A point of service plan, or POS, is a managed health care plan that combines characteristics from both PPO plans and HMO plans. A POS plan offers lower medical expenses in exchange for more limited choices and service based on a managed care foundation.

An exclusive provider organization, or EPO, is an insurance plan with in-network doctors and hospitals that must be used for care. There are no benefits to using out-of-network care providers whatsoever.

Health Insurance Is Important Part Of Your Safety Life

It’s time to cut through all the complex terms, and get down to the actual facts about health insurance coverage now. Whether it’s a coinsurance option or a comprehensive health care plan you seek, there are choices available for you and as a responsible adult; it’s your responsibility to take action proactively. So many people wait until they are sick to seek out health care coverage and the results of that kind of procrastination can be disastrous. All it takes is a few minutes to find the health coverage that is right for you and your family, but it’s vitally important that you do it now while you are healthy instead of waiting until it might be too late.

Save Money On Health Insurance Plan Costs

Click or call General Insurance to get a free quote, compare policy estimates and save money on the best coverage available for your specific needs. It’s easy, and it’s free to find out what you should be doing with regard to your health security right now. Nobody wants to put time into thinking about what happens if they get sick, but anyone who does it can be thrilled with the results of their decision at a time of need when that coverage is there to ensure you always get exactly the kind of care you deserve!


Choosing the type of health insurance plan you want to get takes research. Getting a good plan that fits your needs is valuable and can save money and help you get the best care for your situation. This site can help you find the best plan for you.